Saturday, October 4, 2014

Left Behind or Forward March?

With the premier of the new movie LEFT BEHIND - I was again feeling a bit uneasy. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, then most likely you have family members who aren't. This is especially difficult if you have a spouse who doesn't yet profess the name of Jesus as Savior.

I asked my husband if he would like to see the much anticipated movie at the theater near us next week. His mother had read many of the books years ago and enjoyed them from a "fiction" standpoint. I don't recall that he ever read one himself.  However, he just might go see this movie with me out of nothing more than obligation and sheer curiosity.

He did surprise me this summer when he came home with the DVD  SON OF GOD .  He said we could watch it together. I couldn't believe my ears. I had watched the entire mini series on the History Channel when it originally aired and he had often watched portions with me.  He never discussed them, but continued watching nonetheless.

God is always working behind the scenes.  In my book MISSION POSSIBLE, I mention the fact that your spouse will unknowingly be drawn "to the things of God in you" - completely unaware of God's sovereignty in all circumstances. Our "fruit of the Spirit" (Galatians 5:22-23) all serve to point your spouse (unaware) to God. They will notice the difference, but not be able to pin-point when it happened or why.

So - as time marches on I continue to hold onto the hope that he will indeed ask Jesus into his heart.  I and many others have "planted seed", another will "water" and God will "bring the increase." My husband's salvation is nearer now that it has ever been.

If you are married to someone who doesn't yet know the Lord, or you are not really sure about their salvation - my previous post A Bona Fide Convert  will give you something to think about.

Only God knows the condition of their heart. Only He knows what it will take to soften it and move mightily in their particular situation. Our duty is to pray and live out our life as a testimony of God's goodness and grace in action.

Are you waiting for your miracle? Do you tire at the thought of attending church alone or longing for a true spiritual leader in your home? Put your faith in God's faithfulness and His promises.


"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."  (II Peter 3:9)







Deborah is the author of a Christian non-fiction book titled “Mission Possible”. It is written for women who love the Lord Jesus, but their spouse doesn’t share their passion.  It will encourage and challenge the reader to embrace God’s promises for their spouse and future together.  Visit  http://www.spirituallyunevenmarriage.com

If you have been encouraged by this post - please take time to share it with others.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Definitely speaks to me of my marriage. I, like you, can only praise God for the hints, the blessings along the way that speak of the work He is doing in my husband. No, I do not grow weary. I know God has a plan. I don't need to know what it is, just need to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Donna. I'm so glad the post spoke to you - and yes, thank God for His encouragement while we wait on our "new" husband. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Feed Shark